How To Join
Membership is available for anyone who’s a member of the university. In Freshers Week we hold taster sessions and socials where you can try it out and meet the club. See our Fresher’s info for details of how to get involved.
If you’ve missed Freshers and fancy trying out something new, you’re very welcome to join us throughout the year. To do this or for more info, get in contact with the Captain or Gen Sec. You need to print and fill out a membership form and bring it, along with the membership fee, to a pool session.
- Free in-house coaching in pool sessions and on the river.
- Free hire of club equipment, including boats, paddles, helmets etc. The only kit you’ll need is clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting wet.
- Storage for personal paddles and boats in the cave.
- Use of St Lukes pool and free shuttle there and back from campus for pool sessions.
- Insurance on the river.
- The only extra cost throughout the year is petrol money for each trip you go on.
- The club also organises several training courses, discounted for members, through the year depending on demand and need. If there are any courses you’re interested in, feel free to speak to the training sec.
If you want to try kayaking out to see if it’s for you, pop down for a couple of pool sessions before joining.
Membership Forms 2016-2017
Current Members Information
For committee minutes and documentation click here.