Kit we provide:
- Boat and spraydeck
- Buoyancy aid (BA)
- Cag (which will keep you varying degrees of dry, depending on which one you pick…)
- We also have a couple of wetsuits
What you need for a typical river trip:
- Trainers you don’t mind getting wet
- A wetsuit or
- For your bottom half: several pairs of thermals/leggings
- For your top half: thermal long-sleeved top/rash vest (bring several), a fleece, a cag (borrow from club)
- The key is layers, especially in winter, so bring more than you think you’ll need!
- Bring spare warm dry clothes for after the river – including a towel
- River snacks for your BA eg chocolate / cereal bars
- Money for a pub/McDonalds stop on the way home
- A thermos flask of hot drink – good way to warm up after a cold river trip
For weekend camping trips, you’ll also need:
- A tent (we have a couple of club tents that can be borrowed)
- Sleeping bag, mat and pillow
- Extra warm dry clothes (lots of fleeces and a woolly hat), a rain coat and walking boots/trainers you don’t mind getting muddy
If you’ve got any questions about kit to bring for a river trip, polo training, a competition or a weekend trip, drop us a message on Facebook or send us an email: email@example.com.
If you would like to buy some of your own kit or have a birthday coming up, here are some ideas:
- Wetsuit – long sleeved
- Wetsuit trousers
- Thermal rash vest
- Neoprene socks (to wear with trainers)
- Pogies (to keep hands warm on cold English rivers in winter)
- And if you’re really keen: helmet, BA, paddles, boat!
If you want any advice about buying new kit and our favourite brands/kayaking shops, get in touch via Facebook or email (either firstname.lastname@example.org or our Kit Sec on email@example.com), or come and have a chat to any of the committee or older members at a social/pool/trip.